In July the Science and Data Analysis Team working on NASA’s RHESSI satellite was honoured with a NASA Group Achievement Award. Of the 40 members of the team, 9 have strong links with Glasgow University, being current staff members and/or past PhD graduates in Solar Physics. The strong Glasgow representation in this international team builds on the early seminal work of Professor John C. Brown, ex Regius Chair in Astronomy in the School of Physics and Astronomy. The award was made in recognition of the team’s sustained, outstanding scientific achievement over a full solar cycle.
- Dr. Ryan Milligan stars in his own space TV show [06-Dec-2017]
- Award from China arrived to Hamish Reid and Heather Ratcliffe [13-Nov-2017]
- Congratulations to Dr Motorina [01-Nov-2017]
- Nicolina Chrysaphi made intriguing solar observations operating UK LOFAR [17-Oct-2017]
- Visiting Professor Gordon Emslie explains to Physics Central the role of turbulence in solar flares [21-Sep-2017]