Solar flares are huge cosmic blasts of UV light, X-rays and high-energy particles from the Sun that can damage power grids and satellites. Inspired by the Northern Lights, Dr Alexander Russell and Dr Lyndsay Fletcher have shown how magnetic waves could help move energy tens of thousands of kilometres in less than a second to power flares.
- Dr. Ryan Milligan stars in his own space TV show [06-Dec-2017]
- Award from China arrived to Hamish Reid and Heather Ratcliffe [13-Nov-2017]
- Congratulations to Dr Motorina [01-Nov-2017]
- Nicolina Chrysaphi made intriguing solar observations operating UK LOFAR [17-Oct-2017]
- Visiting Professor Gordon Emslie explains to Physics Central the role of turbulence in solar flares [21-Sep-2017]