Solar flares are huge cosmic blasts of UV light, X-rays and high-energy particles from the Sun that can damage power grids and satellites. Inspired by the Northern Lights, Dr Alexander Russell and Dr Lyndsay Fletcher have shown how magnetic waves could help move energy tens of thousands of kilometres in less than a second to power flares.
- Low-Frequency Radio data from Glasgow CALLISTO now included in the RHESSI Browser [16-Apr-2018]
- A&A Group welcomes Dr Galina Motorina [10-Apr-2018]
- Welcome Xingyao Chen [09-Apr-2018]
- Giant solar tornadoes put researchers in a spin [06-Apr-2018]
- Congratulations to Dr Alcock [26-Mar-2018]