Galina Motorina was awarded a PhD degree for her work entitled “Dynamics of plasma heating and energy distributions of accelerated electrons during solar flares based on X-ray and ultraviolet emission“. Galina was a visiting PhD student in Astronomy & Astrophysics group for a number of months and worked on thermal properties of solar flares and differential emission measure reconstruction from RHESSI and SDO observations.
- IRIS observation of the initiation of a solar flare suggests that turbulence helps to heat the Sun’s lower atmosphere. [07-Dec-2018]
- Dr Motorina attends the Heliophysics Summer School 2018 [09-Aug-2018]
- Glasgow student participating in NASA’s Frontier Development Lab [03-Aug-2018]
- PhD Prize to Dr. Peter Levens [24-Jul-2018]
- Low-Frequency Radio data from Glasgow CALLISTO now included in the RHESSI Browser [16-Apr-2018]