Galina Motorina was awarded a PhD degree for her work entitled “Dynamics of plasma heating and energy distributions of accelerated electrons during solar flares based on X-ray and ultraviolet emission“. Galina was a visiting PhD student in Astronomy & Astrophysics group for a number of months and worked on thermal properties of solar flares and differential emission measure reconstruction from RHESSI and SDO observations.
- Award from China arrived to Hamish Reid and Heather Ratcliffe [13-Nov-2017]
- Congratulations to Dr Motorina [01-Nov-2017]
- Nicolina Chrysaphi made intriguing solar observations operating UK LOFAR [17-Oct-2017]
- Visiting Professor Gordon Emslie explains to Physics Central the role of turbulence in solar flares [21-Sep-2017]
- European Solar Physics Meeting highlights group research [18-Sep-2017]