Subject: LINUX ECHOMOP problem (fwd)

From: Starlink Software Librarian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 13:44:38 +0100 (BST)

And you thought you'd seen the back of this...

Cany you investigate please?

Martin.
-- 
  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Martin Bly,                     | email: [email-masked]
    Starlink Software Librarian     | URL:   http://www.starlink.rl.ac.uk/
    Starlink, RAL, Chilton, DIDCOT  | Tel:   +44|0 1235 445363
    OXON, OX11 0QX, United Kingdom. | Fax:   +44|0 1235 446667
  ----- Software Store: http://www.starlink.rl.ac.uk/cgi-store/storetop -----

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 12:55:28 +0100 (BST)
From: Maverick <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: LINUX ECHOMOP problem

hi Martin, 

how's things ? 

Just thought I would report a little bug with the LINUX version 
of ECHOMOP. 

There is an option 4 inside the main program, and the first run 
through the data, one selects option 4.1 to model the dekker/object 
positions.

Normally, the dekker limits are obtained through modelling a flat field, 
and after that, on subsequent runs, this information in stored in the 
created reduction fle (a communication file for the program).

On subsequent runs through the images, only optoin 4.2 is selected ....
to model the object limits.

(Inside option 4.2 there is a tunable option 3 >> PFL_MODE...

this in principle allows you to select 

D, S, O, A  

User_parameters

  PFL_MODE=_CHAR

     The profiling mode used to specify which profiles are to be
     calculated/edited.

     The options are:

        D  -  Calculate/edit Dekker limits.
        O  -  Calculate/edit Object profile.
        S  -  Calculate Flux standard profile.
        A  -  All, do each of the above in turn.          

)

Now you should just use option 'O' for all the objects....

BUT, the current LINUX version (Version 3.3-4  13th June 1997) 
forces you to re-do the dekker limits and then the object 
EVERY time irrespective of whether you choose option 4.1 or 
4.2 and sub option 'O'.

Now for big CCDs this is time consuming and damned boring if 
you have to do it for say 100 frames or thereabouts. 

Can this be looked at please ? 

thanks

Dave

                    "No man is poor who has friends" 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
  Dr. Dave James 
  School of Physics & Astronomy     Tel: +44-1334-46-3068 
  University of St Andrews          Fax: +44-1334-46-3104
  North Haugh                       http://star-www.st-and.ac.uk/~djj/
  St Andrews  	                    E-mail [email-masked]
  FIFE, KY16 9SS                    +      [email-masked] 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------