On the 7th October 2015, bright aurora/northern lights were visible over Glasgow due to fast solar wind from a coronal hole on the Sun. A&A group member Dr Iain Hannah was able to photograph this aurora (shown below) and a time lapse of it is available here.
- European Solar Physics Meeting highlights group research [18-Sep-2017]
- Dr. Eduard Kontar is elected as ESPD president [11-Sep-2017]
- Poster prize for Paul Wright [25-Aug-2017]
- Early Career Prize to Dr. Natasha Jeffrey [08-Aug-2017]
- Blue Plaque for Prof. Alexander Wilson [29-Mar-2017]