Work by A&A Group member Dr Iain Hannah has featured in a recent image/press release by the Royal Astronomical Society and NASA, showing an image of new X-ray observations of small flares (or microflares) taken with NASA’s NuSTAR telescope (blue in the image), combined with those in EUV from SDO/AIA (red/yellow) and lower energy X-rays from Hinode/XRT (green). This image recently featured as NASA’s image of the day.
- Nicolina Chrysaphi made intriguing solar observations operating UK LOFAR [17-Oct-2017]
- Visiting Professor Gordon Emslie explains to Physics Central the role of turbulence in solar flares [21-Sep-2017]
- European Solar Physics Meeting highlights group research [18-Sep-2017]
- Dr. Eduard Kontar is elected as ESPD president [11-Sep-2017]
- Poster prize for Paul Wright [25-Aug-2017]